SIGN IN YOUR ACCOUNT TO HAVE ACCESS TO DIFFERENT FEATURES
FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?
Reconnecting you with the Bo-Kaap
The main purpose of this map of the Bo-Kaap area is to re-establish that connection that people had with the area, and thus secure it electronically for posterity. Your connection may be in any of the following ways:
- current resident of the area
- ex-resident of the area
- family or friends currently staying in the area
- family like grandparents and beyond who used to reside in the area
- visiting the area on business to iconic shops like Atlas, Palmo, Rocksole, Rose Corner, etc
- frequenting a Bo-Kaap mosque on a Thursday ( thikr ), Friday ( jumua ), Sunday ( classes ) or on annual Labarang days
- you or your kids having attended pre-primary, primary or high school in area
- your memories of having attended the annual Boorhaanol Fetes in the seventies
- your visit to witness the Nagtroepe on Oujaar aand or the klopse on New Year
All your stories need to be linked to a place in Bo-Kaap, usually a property, but if not, then a street in the area. Feel free to express yourself in the interest of a holistic community narrative of the history of the Bo-Kaap.
Thus if you want to submit a story, then follow these easy 2 steps: